With the availability of more minimally invasive procedures, significant snoring relief can often be achieved in less time than it takes for a dental cleaning appointment, and with just as little pain and discomfort.
At Dr. Macdonald’s San Francisco Snoring, the Pillar® Procedure is the treatment most sought after by his patients for snoring relief and also relief of mild to moderate sleep apnea.
Watch the video below to learn more about the nature of this procedure:
Clinical studies of the Pillar® Procedure have shown that:
- Patients experienced a significant decrease of snoring intensity. 1,2
- Bed partner satisfaction with the reduction in snoring after the Pillar® procedure has been documented at 80% or higher. 1,2
- Approximately 80% of patients demonstrated a reduction in their apnea-hypopnea index (AHI), and results were sustained at one year after the Pillar® procedure. 3
- Patients experienced less daytime sleepiness and significant improvements in lifestyle after the Pillar® procedure. 4
How to Get Started with Snoring Treatment?
To prepare for your consultation, see contact us or book an appointment online today
1. Maurer JT, Verse T, Stuck BA, Hörmann K, Hein G. Palatal implants for primary snoring: short-term results of a new minimally-invasive surgical technique. Otolaryngology-HNS 2005 Jan; 132(1):125-31.
2. Maurer JT, Verse T, Stuck BA, Hörmann K, Hein G. Long-term results of the Pillar Palatal Implant System for primary snoring. Otolaryngology-HNS 2005 Oct; 133(4):573-8.
3. Goessler UR, Hein G. Verste T, Stuck BA, Hörmann K, Maurer JT. Soft palate implants as a minimally-invasive treatment for mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Acta Otolaryngol. 2007 May; 127(5):527-31.
4. Data on file.